My husband jokes because anytime he gets a present it is usually a gadget for our kitchen. Today's give-away is from Lily and Val. Valerie Mckeehan is a chalkboard artist who creates beautiful art, greeting cards, chalkboard signs and , including some that are perfect for the kitchen. Today's give-away is a set of 3 specialty holiday wrapping sheet rolls. They will also be offering a discount code MERRY12 for 12% off till Christmas day.
I am so excited to give you some new ideas for your kitchen and gadgets that will help making working in your kitchen a bit simpler or just more fun. I love these prints from Lily and Val - the kitchen is a place a lot of time is spent and it deserves some fun decorations.
I have gathered all the must haves for your kitchens and created this wish list:
1. Calphalon - Garlic Press $14.99
This Garlic Press doesn't compare with other presses. My husband would say it is his very favorite tool in the kitchen.
2. Kitch Studios - Tea Towel $8.50 **etsy handmade item!
These towels are great to use to cover your dough while it rises.
3. Williams-Sonoma - Flat Whisk $29.95
My friend Jen told me about this and it will be my next kitchen purchase. What an amazing idea, a multi-use Whisk!
4. Crate&Barrel - Measuring Cups $19.95
Once you get these Measuring cups you will never want to use any other again.
5. World Market - Lemon Press $11.99
I am not sure how we went 5 years of marriage with out this tool. I use it at least 3 times a week.
6.Epicurean- Chef Spoon - $16.95
So much better than using a wooden spoon.
7. Epicurean - Non Slip Series Cutting Boards $24.95-34.95
Natural wood fiber, remarkable material that is non-porous and won’t dull knives. It’s easy to clean and will not harbor bacteria. Heat resistant to 350°F, and can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
8. OXO - Adjustable Measuring Cup- $9.95
Perfect for measuring sticky ingredients like peanut butter, honey, molasses.
9. Williams-Sonoma Goldtouch Nonstick (ON SALE RIGHT NOW)
Really - anything they make is amazing. Pricey, but worth it! I won't ever use a different baking pan again.
10. Williams-Sonoma- Scanpan Professional Nonstick pan set - ON SALE $199 normally 331
100% recycled aluminum construction, extra-thick base is pressure forged, which ensures even heat distribution and eliminates hot spots. The perfectly flat base is guaranteed never to warp. Patented ceramic-titanium coating allows for the use of metal utensils. Green Tek nonstick technology is 100% PFOA-free and provides flawless release and fast cleanup. Cast stainless-steel handles stay cool longer and are secured with heavy-duty rivets. AND Dishwasher safe.
11. Lily & Val - mug $17.00
What is better than drinking hot chocolate in a cute mug?
Once you have created that perfect meal or dessert, you need to display it right? Here are some cute items to help you out with that.
And lastly, here is a delicious recipe for Green Beans. Try this, I promise you will thank me!
Linda's Bean Recipe:
1/4 cup butter
1 TBSP dried or fresh onion
1/4 cup minced celery
1 TBSP sesame seed
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp crushed rosemary
Saute onion and celery with butter and spices - pour on beans before serving.
Note: The recipe I was given said to 4x this amount for 1 large bag of beans, but I just 2x this amount for 1 large bag of beans.
I usually do the beans in a steamer at home but for large groups I do them in foil roasters. Two bags of beans in one roaster. I run hot water over them so they are not frozen, put them in a roaster, cover with foil and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for and hour to and hour and a half. I really need to time this so I know for sure. I don't put any additional water in the pan because there ends up being enough moisture. Check them along the way. Remove from oven when they are done so that the vegetables don't change color. Put sauce on before serving. I use the bean medley with the carrots in it from Costco. I think it's called the Prince-Edward Medley. 2kg bagI
What kitchen gadgets are you favorite? Are you a bosch or a kitchen-aid fan? What are you making for thanksgiving?
Learn more about Lily and Val's Creative Process:
- In the spirit of giving, these give-aways work a little differently than is typical. Entering the give-away is simple: all you have to do is tag via (@whitefielddesign) on instagram or share via (https://www.facebook.com/whitefielddesign) on facebook. The twist: the person you tagged/shared with is entered to win.
- To enter the give-away, entrants must like the give-away company on FB or instagram and on that social media (via the associated Whitefield Design post) share with or tag the person they think would like that gift; winners will be the person tagged or shared with. (Since people are sharing, entries are limitless)
- Entrants have from the first day of the post till Thanksgiving to enter as many people as they want.
- Winners must be in the United States and can’t have won a give-away of that item this year.
- All winners will be announced on Black Friday.