My dad's favorite gifts are those that are homemade, so to start off we are going to give you ideas for the Do-It-Yourselfer. Today we are featuring a fantastic book from polkadotchair.com's Melissa Mortenson. This book has 21 sewing projects that you or your teenager will actually love (the amazon reviews on it are glowing).
The Give-Away is a signed copy of Project Teen by Melissa Mortenson. Remember this give-away is in the spirit of giving and will go to the person you tag on instagram or share with on facebook or Pinterest.
I really enjoy making gifts for my family members so if you check out my pinterest board it can give you a little inspiration.
3 years ago I made this fort in a bag, and I was super jealous that I didn't make my family one. Every time we video chat with my sister-in-law that I gave it to, she almost always brings up how her kids have been playing with it that week.
You can also check out Melissa's Blog polkadotchair.com for amazing ideas. Here is a great DIY personalization from her site.
Another great gift for a DIY is a cricut or a sillhouette. I personally would get the silhouette cameo. I use graphtec's industrial version so I can cut to 24 inches wide, but if I had to go back I would probably get the silhouette cameo. It fits nicely on a table top, and you can send files directly from your computer and they have a great place to purchase shapes and projects. Also if you follow @sillhouetteamerica on instagram they are doing give-aways from the 17th-21st.
If you like to make things I also made these felt masks for my daughter's 2nd birthday. They are wonderful (though time-consuming!) and I consider them heirlooms. You can also purchase felt masks on etsy.
What gift ideas are you considering for the DIYers in your life?
- In the spirit of giving, these give-aways work a little differently than is typical. Entering the give-away is simple: all you have to do is tag via (@whitefielddesign) on instagram or share via (https://www.facebook.com/whitefielddesign) on facebook. The twist: the person you tagged/shared with is entered to win.
- Give-away Rules
- -To enter the give-away, entrants must like the give-away company on FB or instagram and on that social media (via the associated Whitefield Design post) share with or tag the person they think would like that gift; winners will be the person tagged or shared with.
- -Entrants have from the first day of the post till Thanksgiving to enter as many people as they want.
- -Winners must be in the United States and can’t have won a give-away of that item this year.
- -All winners will be announced on Black Friday.